Canberra boasts the highest percentage of volunteers than any other state or territory in Australia!
Held during National Volunteer Week, the Volunteering Awards acknowledge and celebrate the outstanding contribution of thousands of Canberra volunteers who willingly give their time and skills to the community each year.
- Volunteer of the Year
- Volunteer Team of the Year
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Volunteer of the Year
- Profound Influence Award
- Innovation Award
- Thought and Leadership Award
- Corporate Volunteering Award
- Canberra’s Choice Award (Canberrans vote for their favourite submission)
Attracting significant public support and media interest, the Volunteering Awards are a major event in Canberra’s community calendar. Members of the community cast more than 15,000 votes each year to select their favourite volunteer. The award ceremony is attended by Canberra’s elite including Ministers and members from all sides of government.