2021 Volunteering Symposium – For Board and Committee Members
May 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm| Free
Evening Session: For Board and Committee Members
Date: Tuesday 18 May 2021
Time: 5:30pm – 7pm
Location: Hybrid Delivery (in-person at VolunteeringACT’s Events and Training Hub, Level 3, 202 City Walk, or online via Zoom)
Join us in an after hours session on Not-for-Profit Board Governance delivered by governance expert Sharon Winks. This session is open to all current and aspiring Board Directors and will take attendees through everything you need to know about being an effective director.
The session will cover the fundamentals of being a director, including:
- Legislative and regulatory responsibilities of directors;
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) not-for-profit principles;
- purpose driven organisations and the challenges facing not-for-profit directors;
- the key functions of a director;
- the role of directors in culture, strategy, risk and compliance; and,
- attributes of effective governance.
Registrations for the 2021 Volunteering Symposium close on Friday 14 May 2021. In-person spaces are limited, so get in quick!
To find out more, visit here.
VolunteeringACT would like to acknowledge the ACT Government for their support of the 2021 Volunteering Symposium. Thanks to their generous support through a COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant attendance at the Symposium has been completely subsidised.