The Connections program is a one-to-one social support program for people with a mental illness.
Our aim is to set up safe and supportive structured friendships enabling a pair to reconnect with the broader community.
The social support is provided by screened and trained volunteers. Before introducing a volunteer and participant the Connections staff consider the following variables:
- locality of each person
- compatibility, interests, hobbies
- personality types and ages
- ability to contribute to a two-way conversation
- understanding of/exposure to mental illness
- matching preferences expressed by the participant and volunteer